Pool Closing Services
Using the right procedures to open and close your pool on Long Island is crucial to protect the longevity of your pool. When working with Nassau and Suffolk County pool company Dingman Pools, you can rest assured that a professional technician will be there to open, close and service your pool throughout the summer season. Our team has opened and closed thousands of pools and can handle any situation that may arise no matter how basic or intricate the problem may be.
Pool equipment is not cheap and protecting it during the harsh, Long Island winters is imperative in preventing expensive damage. Dingman Pools uses commercial blowers, built to blow out pool lines, ensuring that pipes won’t crack.
Dingman Pools closings include:
- Remove all handrails, diving boards and ladders to store in shed or garage
- Disassembly of filtration system
- Pumps are drained and winterized
- Filters are drained and cleaned
- Ensure that heaters are properly winterized
- Pumps, filters, salt cells, chlorinators are disconnected and stored in shed or garage
- All plumbing lines are blown out
- All returns are plugged and skimmers are winterized with gizmos
- Gizmos prevent any cracking in the housing of the skimmers
- Antifreeze is added to the skimmer lines
- 90-day wintertime algaecide is added to the pool to prevent algae growth
- Cover is properly installed
- Safety covers are attached to anchors and checked to confirm that they are up to code
- Tarp covers are secured with water bags (not bricks) to secure cover. If customer does not have enough, we keep extra on the truck.
Once the closing is complete, a receipt will be left detailing if there is anything additional the customer needs to do.